Some years ago, back when modem cards were the rave and were actually installed inside the box of a computer, I remember trying to get on the Internet and all I got was “no connection”. I remember going through every diagnostic within the computer but still “no connection”. Finally, I checked the line, I had dial tone but I did notice some discoloration or what looked like burning on the RJ-11 on the modem card. Yes, it was a burn mark and the night before we had a terrible storm but could lightning have found its way into MY computer? After all, I was the expert, who was protected against surges, strikes and hits but oh yes, lighting had in fact found its way into my computer via the phone line which became the least resistive path to ground!
This question seems to be a never ending quagmire for those considering a quality home security system. Consider this, how do you control your TV, a garage door, your connection to the internet, or even your air conditioner? If you answered, a remote, you are a benefactor of wireless technology! Let’s consider hard wired applications, your TV, your garage door, your internet connection and your air conditioner all require a hardwired connection as well. My point, a home security system utilizing both modes of connection is what’s best!
Carbon Monoxide detectors save lives!
We all know the benefits of hard wired smoke detectors and the lives they save each year but are you aware of the dangers associated with carbon monoxide? Every home using gas, oil, wood or any other type of fossil fuel in their home is in danger of carbon monoxide poisoning. Carbon monoxide is the result of incomplete combustion of burning any type of fossil fuel. The carbon monoxide produced is odorless and colorless. The CO molecules in the blood adhere better to the hemoglobin than oxygen does in the blood and is the reason death comes silently due to aspyhixiation. CO poisioning sneaks up on you, just to give some reference, a smoker consuming 2 packs per day has approximately 40ppm of CO in their blood at any given time. At 70ppm, the CO will cause headache, at 150ppm drowsiness and between 150ppm and 400ppm the dosage can be lethal causing death!
Good Morning and Happy Thanksgiving!
I give thanks to live in a country where we are free! Each of us has the ability to become the greatest person we can become based on the principles of freedom and free enterprise. I also give thanks for all those men and women who so bravely defend our country. May God Bless each of you and keep you safe!
Thanksgiving has always been my most favorite time of the year. I have so much to be thankful for!
Thanks for checking in at my blog. I will be posting and discussing many of the issues in the electrical contracting business both here in the metropolitan area and around the country. I hope to add plenty of positive information and insight to a trade and a business I have loved for many years. Hope this is as good for you as it will be for me!